For the Fashionista On the Go:
Hey there Style Kat! It’s grind time and school is back in session. If you’re not a morning person, then you can relate to the struggles of having to wake up early in the morning to an obnoxious alarm blaring in your ear reminding you that it’s time to start your day.
But what happens when you’ve hit that “snooze” button one too many times and you suddenly wake up in panic mode trying to get ready on time? Don’t sweat, I’m going to share 3 quick, simple, and cute looks that’ll save you time, energy, and help you avoid looking like, “Who did it, and why?”
Option #1: Simple and Chic
Okay, so I’m sure most of you have stayed up way too late knowing that you have to get up early the next day. By the time your alarm starts blaring, you may feel too groggy to search through your closet for the perfect outfit. The next time you feel this way, try this look:
- T-shirt: Throw on one of your favorite graphic tee’s
- Skirt: Skirts are super cute to wear with t-shirts. Try a denim mini skirt, or a flowy midi-skirt
- Shoes: Slides, slippers or sandals are the easiest shoe to slip on and go
- Accessorize: If you have the time to spare, try adding a little spice to your look by adding a watch, some tinted sunnies and a sleek backpack
Option #1: Co-Ords
Honestly, Co-ord sets do the “thinking” for you as far as planning an outfit goes. Co-ord sets are sets of clothing that comes together as a matching or “coordinating” ensemble. Needless to say, that they are not only time efficient but a worthy investment for future outfits to mix-and-match with.
- Pick a co-od set of your choice (i.e. top and skirt, top and pants, etc.)
- Sandals or a nice block heel would be everything
- Pair this with a cute pair of earrings and a bracelet and you are ready to go
Option #3: MAXImize Your Time
To keep it as short and sweet as possible, throw on a maxi dress! A Maxi dress is just floor-length dress. There’s little to no thinking required when it comes to just slipping on a dress in an effort to save time. Not to mention save yourself the frustration of thinking of a detailed ensemble.
- Pick out a maxi dress
- You know me, I love a good sandal. Add your favorite footwear to match your dress
- Throw on your backpack or tote bag and reach your destination on time
What is your go-to look when you’re running late? Let me know in the comment section below!